Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Will Soon Be Complete






















"Will Soon Be Complete"
Tranquil sits the afternoon while the showers
drop less like rain, reminders of the autumn and
soon coming December.

I cannot decide whether my heart is the same,
alone and quiet, presently, with wishes to speak to no one,
or laugh at my billiard inabilities with a few who
know it doesn’t matter.
Lightly looks the river’s surface while seabirds
call, watch and scavenge without noticing anyone’s
regard while gathering their meal.

I cannot decide whether I want the attention,
fine accolades for another performance,
music or oration, staged or spontaneous.
Whether I want the attention,
suppressed laughter when I miss a note or
stub my toe.
I could not gather the courage to ask
a stranger to take a photo of us on our
honeymoon.

I want to go to Hawaii, I want to find my home town,
I want to play on the stage day after day,
I want to be silent and read without residue.
I want to know all about you, I want to hide my journals,
I want to see why you function, I want to cover my blemishes.

Coolly the afternoon crawls toward evening
while the traffic flows, compact to semi trailer,
behind my house like the a 24-hour Walmart where
workers never sleep. The day, without my permission,
will soon be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.