Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Wild Ox

The Wild Ox

(“Can you depend on (the wild ox) to use his great strength and do your heavy work? Can you trust him to harvest your grain or take it to your barn from the threshing place?” Job 39:11)

There is no way to train your strength,
yoke you, cajole you, lead you, plead with you.
Your power is greater than mind,
your attention boasting, nostrils flaring like
a fire-breathing dragon.

Why would I try to tame, sun or rain,
the elephant’s cousin, the rhino’s comrade,
the stomping that grinds the earth to powder,
the pawing that turns the prairie dark as arctic winter;
as dozens of paws make the sod roar applause
leaving clouds upon the flatland, clouds upon the
razorbacks, clouds upon the buttes, clouds contending
with the sun.

Nets cannot collar and clatter annoys,
smoke rings comply with blue instinct alone.

Wielding microscopes and parsing DNA,
dissecting brain matter and genealogy
only take me to the cliff’s of Ocham’s razor
positing what I cannot posit by
reason alone, while I look within time
For That which time cannot contain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.