Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I am Free


I
"I am Free"
(“Because I am innocent, and He would say, ‘I now set you free!’” Job 23:7)
They offered me freedom on a stick
held out in with hands that had dug their
ditches and planted their
wheat. Now those hands pointed away
to a country repeated on their nameplates
on oak desks stacked with travel vouchers.
You gave me freedom without reserve
embraced by hands punctured by the
listeners who heard nothing and by the
musicians who played only notes. Now those
hands still scarred showed me Your heart
with my name written, a signature of love
penned like it could never be wiped away.
I’m free, I cry, I cry,
I’m free, tell the sky, the sky.
Leave the curses behind,
the whispers unkind,
the bells peal, remind, remind.
I’m free, I cry, I’m free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.