Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Take the Day like


Take the Day like

Take my day like I wake it, and transform it beyond my reach;
Visit my moment like the potent visions I fear, and flame it bright and clear;
Wrap my itches, the wishes for easier conversations, with hugs and
unembarrassed kisses.
Explain my anxieties, the varieties raised when I was far too young
to understand their impact on society;
And while you’re at it, explain my piety, as well.

Take my sleep like I steep it, and rewarm it like hunter’s stew;
Visit my trances like the last week’s groceries, and serve them like new cuisine;
Dress my scratches, the patches to bandage my owies, with hugs and
unembarrassed kisses.
Explain my procrastination, the cadence that comes just behind the beat
and right before the song is finally over;
And while you’re at it, explain my lack of patience too.

Will we walk until it’s over? Will we travel like hobos until it’s finished?
Will my shoes last? Will my feet last? Will my headaches cease and will
I finally find inner peace? Will You accompany me, please, like you said you would
until the day is over, until the day is finished,

Counting the pebbles like joy to fill my pocket
until
the pain of walking is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.