Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Bee Sweet

Bee Sweet

(“May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord.” Psalm 104:34)

Bees see in the ultraviolet spectrum, humans see,
well, what we can see.
A bee sees the world, the same world we see,
but given human eyes, the world becomes disguised
from its apian landscapes. Given a pair of
bee-sunglasses
I would swear the world was no longer the world,
and earth a misplaced chapter from Lewis Carroll.


I post my pain, maybe too often for your particular taste;
but, capture the radio waves that dance inside; outside, somewhere;
everywhere; within; without you…for a moment grasp the crackling
orb
and let the buzz from my own brain overtake your singular view;
your front window on most day. So, before you sneak an unwelcome
peek
into my head,
next time,
think ahead and consider how sweetly apologies
clear the air from the damage we do in each others’ gardens:
bees or human, the world itself yet is one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.