Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Sunday, March 14, 2021

At Home Weary Hobo

 

At Home Weary Hobo

(“I will put my teachings in their minds. And I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.” Jeremiah 31:33b)

You are at home weary hobo,
we have seen the ashes of age covering your
face.
You are welcome repainted wanderer,
we have heard the dirges of miles echoing each
trace
of the journey. Here and now
we
invite you in.

Oh mother, hear your children. Oh, look inside their
reflective eyes. You are more than the pain inflicted when
you asked just a moment away from home. You are not alone
and
the drill sergeant words that keep you from healing
are barbs that stuck after the shock waves were gone.
Oh mother, see your children. Let them silence the
monotonous loops ingrained. Let them love
away the shame.

You are found wrinkled plow horse,
we can feel the scars upon your back.
You are cherished smoking candle,
there is joy enough with us to ignite
the night until the morning has waxed
wide enough forever

To light the way for each vagabond
to the eternal day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.