Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

On the Edges

On the Edges

(“The Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.” Revelation 17:14)

You gave me a headache choosing things out of turn,
you made me mistake to miniscule for the might,
and I turned on the edges of my anxiety for half a day
and another day more
over the uncooperative world which never calls for
my opinion
before leaving questions in my path that no one
can answer.

They leave partial interpretations between dead-certain
pages
of books whipped together without a clue about
heaven’s final intentions. They set my teeth on edge
the way their riches pile up and their fictional believers
take aim with military weapons to satisfy their yearning
for a world without opposition. My bones ache
at their fakery.

But He, the Mighty Gentle One, is and has,
will and still overcomes the notions we spew
about Him. The Lamb is a warrior only when
warriors overcome hatred, war and deception.


Let the earth-formed by Him speak beneath your feet,
Let the sky-framed like Him whisper odium’s defeat,
Let the moon echo earth’s cry, the stars spin in the polished sky,
and may the meek, the speakers of Love’s constant theme,
never fail the message of mercy, the song of the redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.