Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, January 12, 2015

For Example

For Example

(There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:5)

“Take music for an example”, he said and
played upon a flute with notes so close together in the scale
they rolled over each other; the waves breaking upon
the next wave spreading across the beach’s sand. “And,
this scale is celebrated by ears with the same structure as yours.”
(I admitted, I barely make out a melody. The notes had so little
space between them, they were like balls of Play-Doh distinctly
red, yellow and blue; but they were glued to each other. I thought
of covering my ears.)

“Take colors for an example”, he said again
and filled the room with an animated hologram projected
around us through a daylight prism. The colors rolled over
each other; the molecules turning like fashion models with the
shades changing in the refracted light.
(I admitted, I swore, I would not be denied that I saw the green
as green
as spring’s overgrown lawn. Yet, from the same recorded moment in time,
the same vantage point as mine, half or more than all the others,
I tell the truth, reported seeing blue. I thought of
closing my eyes.)

“Take my pain”, I begged, “no longer an example of perseverance or
courage. I have looked beyond the sky-lit orb that brightens toward morning,
that warms toward summer, that sings of a greater Sun with
music unheard by human ears. I have waited for the divine frequency
where the truest hues pay homage to the Palette brighter
than open skies filling the plains of flowers from one horizon to the other."

Take my pain, for example, and, I have said every word and only repeat them
again. Let me sleep, let me hide away, let me rest a week, a month equal
to the time the vise has squeezed away. I await the music, the hues,
the new Sun, to defuse this continuous explosion in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.