Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Thin Prism


A Thin Prism

You false distance that deceives friends and others,
Oh darkness that envelops mind and affection,
Oh words used to force graciousness beyond gravity’s pull.

The debates created to win a side have consigned
the lower lights of the spectrum to shine no more.

Oh light, rainbow full of hues, we abuse your beauty
and demand, not simple understanding,
but a full confession of indigo
and complete rejection of red.

I told you I would no longer address
arguments begun by lies. I clarified what
I did not say,
and the lies took hold anyway. And the stiff-arm
leaves me further away.

Please leave your anger in the parlor
before you enter your office to write
another letter that leaves little left to say.
We are all prism and light, some distance
is needed to see the artwork; great distance
is quackery masquerading as truth.

I reaffirm my stanza fourth,
you will find what you came looking for
no matter my words, my photos, my broken pieces
some see as clues to a crime,
some sing as blues and the times
(genuine), evidence of honest attempts
to be the red or green expected by the
green or the red. You will find either, both,
or none

Depending on what you predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.