Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Straight Home


Straight Home

(“Rebekah ran straight home and told her family everything.” Genesis 24:28)

Now I’d rather play than grouse all day about
far too many holes in the fabric, and how I never
knew the holes were there when I grew up
anyway.

Yes, I’d rather run and split the one meadow
in half today and more tomorrow, and never be
late to strategize the best use for
waterguns.

Low, I’d rather look up-sky than hook my hopes
in half today; simply, sincerely out of fear
I would fall more slippery than all I
undertook.

Pool, the waterfall steepens sharp; crawling fails
the anticipation that waits atop greasy rock
granite, the peak graffiti I had
hoped to scrawl.

This, seriously play than dream I pray about
all the unsewn holes in the old words, and how I always
wished the talk matched the fun of (timeless)
past bouquets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.