Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Rule Over Me


Rule Over Me

(“Someday I will appoint an honest king from the family of David, a king who will be wise and rule with justice.” Jeremiah 23:5)

Rule over me in Righteousness,
Reign over all my merciless,
Sing into me Your Lovingness,
Wash away all my passionless.

Declare Your Name, Decree my shame
has been swept final away, and the fury of my
misspent gain is bankrupt fully subtracted.

Linger over me in green-hill joy,
Loom far above my gray-back alley,
Command perfection, ban my collections
of gods who whipped me into shapeless and
goddesses who laughed my ghost.

Subject, silent, awake and aware,
I am all unclothed, unstable, unable
to bear the touch the broken wool against my skin
one day longer without Your dominion
within.

Laugh at my handy attempts, my exempt petitions
that beg Your permission for one more misstep, one more
toe across the line. We were doing fine until
I kinged me acute one sunny day.

Humbling upon the harsh reality,
mocking my own rewritten legality,
I kneel this time face-first in my sorrow and joy,
Righteous King, Rule over me; all Your Lovingness Sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.