Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dandelion Potentates


Dandelion Potentates

(“However, they did not understand this saying; it was kept hidden from then so they might not grasp it, and they were afraid to question Him about the suggestion.” Luke 9:45)

Iron is iron, clay is clay,
dandelions are daily,
yellow; then puffs; then;
blown away.

Clay is not smelted, iron is not thrown on a wheel
with thumbs and fingers within; prodding; pushing;
water and spin. Dandelions are not potentate,
voted no more than a day.

God is God, else is less,
humans are yearly,
pink; then gaunt; then;
buried east and west.

Else is not everywhere, God is not carried up a hill
with thorns and wounds and rags; bleeding; bending;
fallen and dragged. Humans are not judicial,
appointing death like a guest.

I cannot hear what is down, cannot see the reason that
rings around the right angles I have drawn neatly since
I was taught geometry. Leave me with gods who rule
and war and I will implore no further explanation.
But tell me His Son will be handed and manipulated,
dominated and stranded on a Hill alone, mandated by
maniacal men with thumbs and fingers….and I…

Christ is Christ, I am sin,
the world was weeping,
void; then spun; then:
reconciled, reaping

The benefits of our misunderstood quotations of
theology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.