Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Here I Do Err


Here I Do Err

The skies opened for business preceding the
baritone winds twisting up the gorge.
Pelting drops the day after Easter,
a moment in the lifespan of the
average American man.

(I do not mean to use “man” as a generic
placeholder for humans of both sexes, but refer
specifically to men of a certain demographic.)

Closing in on noon the customers roamed
beneath the “open for business” sign splashed
above the sidewalks, boat ramps and
hearty men casting for a steelhead or two.

(Here I do err, knowing full well that my own
daughter cast her line in the Elochoman between
raindrops just yesterday. Perhaps
“men and women” would not interrupt the flow
as much as I thought.)

Humans, a handful, ate brown bag lunches
under the overhang of back porches
with a full Columbia view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.