Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

I Won't Blame

I Won’t Blame
(“Everyone was amazed by the many miracles and wonders that the apostles worked.” Acts 2:43)
I know You are great,
and sometimes miracles wait,
and I’m often late in showing up for prayer.
I won’t blame it on my aches, though I’m sure they make
me a stride slower in finding my way.
I will find the way, today, newest of the year,
to be amazed at what You have done and not
rerun every cry I felt has split the sky without
a return reply.
Blinded eyes healed in front of my eyes,
sick and near death alive and lively surprised,
another job when there were none to be found,
a house, provision, safety without revision,
and rescue when the blizzard tried to impound
me along the icy snow banks.
But I must say, I cannot forget, how lonesome I feel
in spite of the facts and wonders; I feel my soul has been
plundered and my imagination
slowed like molasses. Times are tight, God, and You have
met our needs. I am without complaint.
Except for this uncertain and sad day which has no
hearth on which to place its head. I love You, and love You still,
But I ask for one more, one more miracle to
fill me whole, distill my sadness and reduce me
to love once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.