Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Be Seated

"Be Seated"
(“I will take my stand on my post, station myself on the tower, and watch to see what He will say to me; what answer I shall receive concerning my complaint.” Habakkuk 1:17)
I have waited faster without hearing the wind bring
a lasting balm to grant the answer
I must have already known.
Feet raised upon the end of the couch,
head sunk into the pillow,
the quiet must be cut by tv
to dot the self-talk, the dialogue, trialogue,
self-cast reruns of regrets I cannot redo or
fewer away.
I need someone to dry my eyes,
I need to know everything’s alright,
(the tears have evaporated since)
I need a word to match the actions,
a lifelong flash in the darkness that opens the
corners to view.
I hate to complain, to sing the blues to a brilliant Master
of dis-Illusion, but I’ve felt for sometime my racing radio plays
crisscrossing in my thoughts height and length-ways
Need a better match than where my bony feet lead me
these days.
So, punctuate me, please, so I know when my first act ceases
and Your intermission:
New paradigm please!
Speak to me, I can’t figure it out anymore.
I’ll say, “If you say, ‘let the vision wait’, I’ll wait”
But I’m rock-sure I’m uncertain which is Your vision
and my screenplay.
Strike the set, already!
I’ll stand stark on the black paint stage floor,
won’t call it a monologue with nothing to say;

a listening play.
The cast is now seated, legs up on the couch,
ready to vouch for every word You might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.