Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Sunday, March 10, 2024

I Saw the Spirit

I Saw the Spirit

(“The spirit of the Lord is upon me because he has anointed me to tell the poor the good news. He has sent me to announce release to the prisoners and sight to the blind, to set the wounded victims free.” Luke 4:18


I saw the spirit like a lodestone urging us north,
I saw the spirit cooling the workers sawing wood.
I saw the spirit in a daisy chain giving birth
to the knowledge that the spirit had been everywhere I
ever stood.

I saw the spirit pleading with Netanyahu,
I saw the spirit bleeding over Gaza.
I saw the spirit imploring Hamas,
I saw the spirit shoring Palestinian hearts.

I saw the spirit but barely.
I saw the spirit carrying me through a door
to find the one ignored by the sunshine.
I know he once rode the hills,
I know he rarely sat still.
I saw the spirit now clearly
urging my own feet to the heart of the
needy.

You’ll never unlock that door, boy,
when you only pound it more, boy.
Fix the key, oil the tumblers,
remember the combination,
and try it again.

I saw the spirit reminding you
the days are surrounding you.
I saw the spirit and hoped to notice
how the spirit was no respecter of
borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.