Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Friday, January 14, 2022

You Belong

 

You Belong

(“I will turn darkness into light in front of them. I will make rough places smooth. These are the things I will do for them, and I will never abandon them.” Isaiah 42:16b)

You belong to the earth,
you are a child of the sky,
though others may not see your worth,
your soul was made to fly
above the echoes that have exploded like
cannons in your mind.
You were made to walk in shoes that fit,
that shine, that warm, that find the winding path
where you belong. The beach cabin where
your mind is at home, where the waves echo the
beat of your heart, where the sun rises and speaks your
name
as more beloved than your ears have yet heard.

I would walk the solar system round just
to bring more starlight to you.
I would record the voice of heaven just
to bring more music to you.

The songs were written before your breath,
the lyrics are honey, caramel and cream. The
stars danced on the day you were born and
tonight will celebrate once more.

You belong to heaven,
you are a child of the voice
that spoke the worlds whirring in the void.
You are the first thing on heaven’s mind,
the last ever left behind. Your feet
leave prints on the sacred earth
for others to follow the way with you.
Your voice leaves whispers in the holy air
for others to hear and speak back to you.

I would collect the oceans just
to let them soothe your weary heart.
I would gather the sunshine just
to let it warm your winter hands.

You matter more, a princess, a daughter,
than you have ever been told, than
you have ever remembered.
And now believe (oh if I could embody the word)
Beloved is your title, your name, and has always been
the place you belong in heaven, in earth, in sky, in song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.