Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

I've Seen Trouble

Wooden sign pointing in opposite directions  

I’ve Seen Trouble

(“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.” John 14:1)

I’ve seen trouble and so have you,
we have lived on the outside while the pots boiled
within.

I’ve wondered who will pay attention and so have you,
we have felt the pinch of a thousand wordless letters
from friends.

Sanity seemed a cross-country dream,
we have held on by a thread.
Tears were our food and drink while
others just shook their heads

And told us we were not strong enough.
I believed them and so have you,
we have fought and lost against their vain
demands.
I’ve seen clear days and so have you,
we smelled the meadow aroma after yester-
day’s rain.

Clearly the sun dried petals and blooms,
we have walked in the margins.
With one foot in the storm and one in the sun
others doubted our battles

And told us we weren’t right in the head.

I’ve found solace and so have you,
we have answered the small voice that is bigger than
our fears.
I’ve wondered why God pays attention and so have you,
we have felt the gaze of a closeup love that never dis-
appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.