Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Friday, July 23, 2021

A Ribbon Unbound

 low maintenance landscaping with wildflowers, Cosmos

A Ribbon Unbound

(“Jesus replied to him, 'Truly, I tell you emphatically, unless a person is born from above he cannot see the kingdom of God.’” John 3:3)

Placed around the human psyche like a ring of wildflowers
dancing a round,
there are scents that play completely unnoticed, found
only on the loneliest days. The earth may warm,
the breeze shortly cease, and languid moments
lasting only seconds
speak of eternity as if there is a ribbon unbound by
dimension
that has wrapped us up like a birthday gift.

I confess I need a party to know it.

Spirit take me into the deep, under the waters,
to the middle of the forest and the beat of the
few who gather, though they know not why they
were summoned. I suppose it is life I am after,
denser than the hot air
that imitates resurrection. I suppose these tears
are my desire to surrender like daisies do to
earth and sun and water.
Spirit sweep me off my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.