Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, June 21, 2021

I Want to Write about Beachballs

 

I Want to Write about Beachballs

“In peace and justice he walked with Me...” Malachi 2:6b)

I want to write about beachballs in church today,
I want to write about babies crying.
I want to write about bad breath in church today,
I want to write about old men waiting.

I want to write about a kingdom of love,
a gathering of bepatched people under a tent.
I want to write about a kingdom of peace,
a tribe without a name, having spent every bias.

I want to talk about questions in church today,
I want to talk about wondering doubt.
I want to talk about kitchens in church today,
I want to talk about new bread broken.

I want to talk about a nation of peace,
a brewing storm with nothing but nourishing rain.
I want to talk about a kingdom of love,
a table without end, open, and amen.

I want to write about birds and bears in church today,
I want to write about the society of friends.
I want to write about children who run,
who think fun gathers around their feet,
I want to write about the greeting that always means
stay as long as you want
and longer
because none of us are going away.

I want to write about a new menu to enjoy,
I want to write about exploration today.
I want to write about a new sound to rejoice,
I want to write about picnic parksounds today.

I want to write about why
we measure anything at all
when the pegs of our tent have been stretched
so far
that nothing can be seen but the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.