Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Saturday, September 19, 2020

CrissCross

 watercolour,painting,landscape,bach,water,trees,free pictures, free photos, free images, royalty free, free illustrations, public domain

CrissCross

(“I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. Yet you hold fast my name, and you did not deny my faith.” Revelation 2:13a)

We hear the electromagnetic hum from the White House
to state houses,
from Supreme Courts to county fair judges,
from legislative lobbyists to the home-town blogger
and it all sounds so powerful.

You feel the static in the air, the murmur of a thousand
deals made on the back of a million people who thought
they had their say. Oh

by the way

Filthy rich preachers pray for the president.

All the while the rivers crisscross the country
lapping lazily at the banks
and no one notices how long they have been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.