Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, February 24, 2020

Every Day Has Its Defects

Every Day Has Its Defects

(“Until the Spirit is poured out upon us from on high, and the wilderness becomes a fertile field, and the fertile field is considered as a forest.” Isaiah 32:15)

Every day has its defects,
some days more than others.
Every day has its spare hours,
some days I would rather
be anywhere than where I am.
Every day has its countdown.

Some earth is pink powder,
every seed does not ripen.
Some earth is black forest,
every seed is a hyphen
between the ache and where I am.
Every seed has its mountain.

Every dream has its bloodline,
some dreams leave you sleepless.
Every dream has its language,
some dreams leave you speechless
beneath the pain and where I am.
Every dream has its doubting.

Some trees have their arms out,
Every tree applauds and stands,
Some trees have offerings,
Every tree is lush and planned
within the desert where I am.
Every tree has its rebound.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.