Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019


Planted Before Time

(“For by the blood of Christ we are set free, that is, our sins are forgiven. How great is the grace of God.” Ephesians 1:7)

Though days begin with pain
and evenings reflect the same
the world still is filled with shapes
that sponge sorrow of its fears and take
us within the arms of forgiveness.

Oh to embrace that which has embraced me,
to be satisfied fully with such primordial love,
to walk from past to place, from there to when,
slip to fall, ache to ecstasy without a doubt creasing
my brow.

Like water to immigrants in the desert,
like beaches to a prisoner midcontinent,
like sky to the burrower, like pardon to the borrower,
how shall I spend what I never bought nor earned?

Though honesty demands a full accounting,
and hiding is simply insanity,
this day; aching, breaking, wishing, undefined,
and unbending to my best devotions,

Still cannot uproot the footings, the old growth tree
planted before time to remind me,
dancing is still allowed, though the brain
is a step out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.