Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, March 16, 2015

I am Owned

I am Owned

(“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?” 1 Corinthians 6:19)

Companion of all I am, my questions and vague answers,
my soft lawn and burning sand; sojourn here where dancers
sometimes brighten the day, and; where blisters enhance the limp
I’ve carried from the first day I insisted on allowing You to stay.

You are stubborn, pulling me like magnetic migrants to rubble and storms;
You are gentle, showing me the tears that fall for urbans and farms;
You are stronger, still I must follow, you do not drive or strike me;
You are fiery, breaking the ice jams, burning my first plans and my psyche

Until I own that I am owned. I browse no longer, the window shopping is over,
I am overtaken by love, pulled by black hole wind that insists I fly without trying,
learning the sky and earth, moon and sun, soul and neighbor, all deserve the
best behavior


From a mere visitor upon the Holy One’s Sacred tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.