Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Beyond the Wooden

Beyond the Wooden

(“A voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’” Luke 3:4b)

While I would normally sing until my lungs ache for air,
I hear the approach of the Chemist of atmosphere, and inhale
His wonder. Holding it within, I taste the life like a well-aged wine;
a hint of grassy meadows with an overtone of berries hid in the shade.
And

Then

I s-lo-w-l-y ex-

hale.

His vintage is beyond the wooden dates, each planting
is perfection in the Vineyard of the Lord. The fruit
makes the parched smile, the burned brow returned to
its last relaxation. My Lord walks between the vines,
the human and divine, the aroma and bouquet stay
soundly on the tongue longer than the words whispered
as we awaited His return.

And even longer than the mellow taste that linger
is the memory of the gift He gives to all who stop their
their own thunder


And slowly sip the vin nouveau,
the perfect cup of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.