Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Next Dot

The Next Dot

(“You alone are Yahweh. You created the heavens, the highest heavens with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to all of them, and the heavenly host worships You.” Nehemiah 9:6)

If I only look beyond the eggshell and stain,
the paper displays hung with home-made adhesive;
If I stare straight through the 10 foot regulations,
the attic that holds stale air and old Christmas decorations,

Sometimes if I peer, the blood lust from yesterday disappears,
the green skies of Aurora Borealis appears, and though it
may not cheer my mood completely,

Sometimes if I peer,
I can hear the Word that made the universe and never meant
for me to be cast

As the Lead.

Sometimes when I connect the tiniest particle which God
held in His hand to the next dot which banned my comment
on the fury unleashed by man, I see the tracer passed
right through me and around the universe from the first
“it is good” to the last “tears are past”

And spanned my tiny lifeline.


Today I will unlock the door and take a photo
of the next person I see and say, “I think we might
be friends.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.