Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Wait was Reward


Wait was Reward

(“Stay with God! Take heart. Don’t quit. I’ll say it again: Stay with God.” Psalm 27:14 [The Message])

I wandered down the marina path
to pondering street,
looking for the address that would
make my search complete.
But the numbers had been changed,
the houses rearranged,
and the sky laughed while I claimed
the neighborhood I remembered never looked like this.

I ambled up the hilly trail
to blackcrowing bluff,
seeking the scenery that would
stuff me full enough.
But the view was askew,
the shadows royal blue,
and the woods knew what I lost
after growing past childhood and daylight savings time.

I stood still, determined to find
the neighborhood park,
casting anticipation past
each beat of my heart.
And the wait was reward,
the face of the Lord
kissed me where I stayed. Recall
fades, but encircles, then, now and in-between.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.