Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Half-way Over


Half-way Over

(“Also have them construct for Me a sanctuary, so that I may dwell among them.” Exodus 25:8)

It occurred to the five-year-old friend
that God was everywhere, start and end;
in the air, below the ground, God was everywhere,
up
and
down.

It occurred to him and to me,
while we kicked up our legs and knees
back and forth on our swing hung from the tree,
that God was everywhere we could daylight see,
and farther than darkness, and behind the breeze,
and where we could imagine, and beyond what we
dreamed.

It occurred to us, bright young scholars at play,
that God was everywhere, plainly night and day,
but more; the invisible takes up space; earth, universe,
my house and his. God takes up space, no less
my swing (spring morning) than his.

It occurred to us both, without an inkling of doubt
that, God being everywhere, faced and about,
Upon us, like Spirit over water, would hover
and incite us to scoot sideways in our swings
at least

Half-way over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.