Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, August 1, 2011

No One Knows Me


No One Knows Me

“…but one thing I do: I forget what is behind and reach out for what lies before.” Philippians 3:13b)

Don’t think you know what is inside my head,
until you have taken the time to embrace my heart.
Don’t offer me crumbs and call them opportunities,
I would rather take my chances with chance itself than
open a gift mislabeled.

No one knows me,
No one loves me,
No one speaks truer,
No one shows mercy,
Like the Lord my God.

Don’t presume your position grants you rights
of inquisition,
until you spend a baker’s dozen tears with me.
Don’t cry over my failure before you cry
over my pain.

No one sees me,
No one frees me,
No one disciplines,
No one renovates,
Like the Lord my God.

I can only run as fast as my legs run today,
with the weight they carry and the scars from fiery accidents,
but I will run and not lie down,
until I reach the tape, even later than I hoped.

No one cheers me,
No one trains me,
No one plans the view,
No one paints the heights,
Like the Lord my God.

Though I wake with tears I will not lie down forever,
Though yesterday’s voices still nag like ill-advised administration,
I will curl my hear toward tomorrow’s trajectory,
and believe the dripping from last night’s rain
speaks only of floral, makes only new perfume
once new rays dance upon the opening roses.

No one writes me,
No one paints me,
No one plants foliage,
No one flings sunsets,
Like the Lord My God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.