Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Watching From a Distance

 

Watching From a Distance

If you have been watching from a distance,
you would notice little difference from these days
after the
before.
But if you have walked tandem, I hope you suppose,
for the roundabout of years,
that my vistas have changed. That I have found hills
I frequent more often than the barren evaporation of all
that is human. You would hear the frequencies have changed,
the soundwaves are variegated between semi-tones of
pine needles on the forest floor. I soar now without
thinking.

And where I left off yesterday is woven through the
loom of dreams. I don’t expect a savior anymore, a godlike
motion
from the stratosphere.
Instead I breathe, I walk, I pain, I paint, I play melodies
in my mind
to harmonize with the wheat waving like the ocean.
I know so little

And embrace so much.

The world is more with me,
the sounds that wriggle past my pain into
the air of friends who left too early. And I learn lessons
from the final few words of those who loved me before they
knew who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.