Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Sunday, June 12, 2022

Below the Brainless Clouds


 Below the Brainless Clouds

(“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18)

I could live under the warmth of your smile,
I could live unmanaged and overgrown
while
light keeps pouring from your eyes.

I could drink the bitter root,
I could taste the prisoner’s diet,
I could sweat under incinerated isolation
while
your laugh occupies the rooms I had vacated,
the accolades I felt I never deserved,
the place I could call home.

But I would find it,
the nuclear fusion that beatifies every
dream and every
waking sorrow, the loam that pulls my roots
deeper when I am only sticks and thorns.

I could live below the brainless clouds,
I could live disconnected and stilted
while
the songs you taught me stay
on repeat,
lulling me to sleep to
see your smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.