Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Friday, March 18, 2022

Oh, Impetuous Spirit

 
Oh, Impetuous Spirit

(“Then the Spirit lifted me up and I heard a great earthquake behind me and the glory of the Lord arose from his place.” Ezekiel 3:12)

Oh, impetuous Spirit,
rumble behind my hearing,
shake my seat of knowing,
open the earth below me, the sky to
show me
what escapes my comprehension.

Or send a new wind unpredictable.
Whether from the mountains or the sea,
I’ve held my breath too long, wasted my
sighs on
unreported sightings of new
rainbows
astride twin hills outside stained-glass
windows.

Move me like smoke,
breathe on me, caress my cheeks with
blood warm breezes. Seize my doldrums
while I catch my breath ascending
the next hill.

I’ll stand or sit,
or, never fearing flight, only heights,
I’ll resist the urges of inertia,
the prophecies of entropy,
while you distill my tears mid-sky
into prisms. One fragrant rose

Married the freshening morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.