Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Monday, November 2, 2020

Where He Fell

Where He Fell 

(“I said, ‘My foot is slipping. But Lord, your faithful love kept me from falling.” Psalm 94:18)

“It was merely silence (he said)
that caused me to lose my footing.”
Startled by the void,
he wished for just one hand;
flesh, blood, veins, fingernails.

No.

A face.

Because when he tumbled from the grainy path
all he saw, all he visioned, like stone mirages,
were fingers pointed at his place of departure.

He needed a face;
mouth, eyes, wrinkles, words
to show that him where he fell

Was the open door he had longed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.