Never Sleeps

While a pastor on the Fort Berthold Reservation I was honored with the Indian name, "NeverSleeps". It was primarily because I was often responding to particular needs in the middle of the night.

Even more relevant, the Lord Himself, Maker of all, "Never Sleeps".

Surely you know.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
He does not become tired or need to rest.
No one can understand how great his wisdom is.

Isaiah 40:28

Welcome to every reader. I am a simple follower of Jesus. He is perfect, I often fall short.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Mingle the Waters

Picture

Mingle the Waters
(“As Scripture says, ‘Not one person has God’s approval.’” Romans 4:29)

Crying on demand is easy; it’s the silent tears with no one to dry them
that hold on like babies in a lifeboat.

Pieces of sleet, pebbles of hail said their “hello” in late winter fashion. Their hints
of snowfall
were false that morning as the sun woke the sky. But

For a moment the tears were disguised by moisture from heaven
and a back that was turned from all observation.

The long walk from discovery to dysthymia deadened waking reverie,
the intentions of youth and the inventions of faith. The stones of judgement
carved from the quarry of grace
pelted hopes that the horizon would welcome my arrival. Quotes heard repeated,
turned glow into silence. Half a belief is worse than Gehenna’s fire.

So, where, water from the heavens, will you fall today? Will Father say
I am still unworthy? Will I hear only the shards of phrases? Will they stick
like slivers deep in my skin?

Will you evaporate before you reach my face, the better words of famous grace?
How shall I taste the snow upon my tongue, the mist clinging to my eyebrows
and sneaking down my cheeks? Will you

Mingle the waters of grace with my unseen tears until
the obscene betrayal is turned full-face into the Wind, the Rain,
the Snow and the Joy of one moment of knowing?

Will you mingle Your nature with my own?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'm always always interested, and so are others.